Hello!

We are not food critics. Nor are we chefs, journalists, servers or in any way qualified to judge. We do not work in the food and beverage industry. But we do have one amazing recommendation and that is that we know how to have a good time. We are connoisseurs of fun.
Our goal is to save you the arduous slogging through one crappy bar after another. We will do this for you and tell you exactly what to expect from each meal, drink, dessert and experience we have. From our heart to yours! Bon Nuit.

Monday, August 17, 2009

King Neptunes

Like all connoisseur's I have to take a thorough sampling of all types of entertainment to have a true understanding of what I'm enjoying. That is why today's review is of my new favorite establishment.

Local dives are a necessity to humanity, in my opinion. They provide an outlet unmatched at the "nicer" establishments. I feel that at a dive you can be yourself in a slightly less dignified manner. At, say, The Sky Room I could never drunkenly stumble out being held up by a friend and leaving behind a credit card and my memory of the evening. Not and show my face again any time soon.

A dive does not judge you harshly for such behavior. They expect it, almost revel in it. Lets take a favorite of mine in Seattle (alas, no longer in business...not related to the story I'm about to tell) The Flame. I was a regular and friends with the owner, an ex-Broadway musical singer who closed every night with a performance. I once suggested they try to drum up some extra business through special events, one of the events suggested was creamed corn wrestling. Yes, creamed corn wrestling. And the owner considered it!

In every town or neighborhood I have lived in (since I've been 21, hello officer!) I have a local dive bar I call home. So I have now found my Orange County bar. It is the King Neptune in Sunset Beach. The drinks are poured with a heavy hand at a low price. They do live music (and trivia and karaoke neither of which I can condone, but both of which I predict to participate in), and they have a wall of guns. This is odd, but I don't question it...they also have a wall of buttons...I feel like that sentence should end in a question.

Apparently, they have really good food too.

King Neptunes
(562) 592-4878
17115 Pacific Ave
Sunset Beach, CA 90742

No comments:

Post a Comment