Hello!

We are not food critics. Nor are we chefs, journalists, servers or in any way qualified to judge. We do not work in the food and beverage industry. But we do have one amazing recommendation and that is that we know how to have a good time. We are connoisseurs of fun.
Our goal is to save you the arduous slogging through one crappy bar after another. We will do this for you and tell you exactly what to expect from each meal, drink, dessert and experience we have. From our heart to yours! Bon Nuit.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Beginners Guide to Las Vegas, Part 1

I go to Las Vegas a lot. Work, birthdays, freebie weekends, all these add up to an average of about a once a month visit. I've been going there for years too. This gives me an interesting perspective on the city. Not a local, not really a tourist either. But maybe this makes it the best of both worlds. I know what I like, what I don't, I have great contacts, can secure good deals, free passes, skip the line, bottle service (now I'm just bragging but still).

It's my home away from home, I love this city and it kills me at the same time. I've left a bar in tears on two occasions, I've left a bar with no memory of leaving, I've left sober, drunk, with friends, with strangers, in cabs, cars, limos and on foot. I know this city... as a visitor. Which makes me well qualified!

Okay, now the fun part. As a visitor you can separate everything out into two large categories and move on from there, Downtown and the Strip. Pretty much, unless you're considering moving there or purchasing property these are the only two places you'll go. We'll save Downtown for another installment, today The Strip. Now you decide if you want a restaurant, bar or club. Restaurants are a far cry from the 99cent steak buffet it used to be. Four star, Michelin rated, celebrity chefs, all are available. Bars are beyond numerous, too many to count. Clubs, ah the night club in Vegas. Not much can compare to Las Vegas clubs so that's where I'll begin.

Moon - Palms

If you go to the Palms you're gonna wait in line. If you purchase a table, with bottle service you won't have to wait as long but you'll still wait. If you know a club promoter you won't have to wait as long as the schmoes but you'll still wait. If you're a hot girl with 10 hot girl friends and can schmooze one of the guys at the rope you won't have to wait long. If you're one of the schmoes well, wear comfortable shoes.

But if this is your first time to Vegas Moon is where you should go. It's worth the wait and I hate waiting, like violently hate waiting in line and I'm telling you to go. It's a night club, it plays hip hop, r&b, top 40 music and the drinks are expensive (get used to that!). But it's 57 floors up, has two levels with outside viewing platforms of the Strip and a motha-effin retractable roof. Boom goes the dynamite.

XS - Encore

Did I say Moon was a must visit? Cause so is XS. Be prepared to shell out some serious cash to get in though, girls are $50 and guys are a whopping $100 cover! That's just to get in, then there's, you know, the alcohol and the tips. I cannot stress to you enough to always tip your bartender, especially if you use the same one again and again.

Okay, XS well, first of all it has a pool. Like you walk in the front and there's a bar and a dance floor and then you get past that and there's a pool. The pool actually, the pool that in the daytime is surrounded by bikini clad ladies smearing SPF 8 on their overly tanned selves. There's also another bar, some blackjack tables, some beds, you know, the usual stuff. Oh and I've heard (but haven't seen) that they occasionally rain money on the dance floor...I'm just sayin.

Tao - Venetian

Remember what I said about waiting in line at the Palms? Well, take that and quadruple it for Tao. Then, once you get inside there isn't enough room to dance, talk or drink. It's loud, sweaty and the tourist #1 stop. This place gets a thumbs down from me.

End of Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment